As part of our advocacy efforts to increase independent living services for people with disabilities, SILC of Illinois creates Position Papers on a wide range of topics. Yearly Policy Initiatives are also written to help clarify the agency’s stance on services and how best to utilize funding for those services.
- Statement of Education and Policy Initiatives
- Position on Center for Independent Living Base Funding
- Position on Expansion of Centers for Independent Living
- Position on Expansion of the Youth Advocate Program
- Position Paper on Assistive Technology
- Position Paper on Reintegration/Deinstitutionalization
Adobe Reader, a free document viewer, is needed to view some of these publications.