The Statewide Independent Living Council of Illinois (SILC), is a not-for-profit statewide planning organization. The Federal Rehabilitation Act requires each state to create an autonomous Statewide Independent Living Council to develop a State Plan for Independent Living. SILC develops the State Plan jointly with the Illinois Centers for Independent Living. SILC is not a service provider, nor does it fund or monitor services. SILC is a planning body.
The State Plan develops a strategy to ensure these activities occur statewide:
- Independent living services
- Development and support of Centers for Independent Living
- Promotion of relationships between service programs for individuals with disabilities
This survey will help SILC gather information from individuals with disabilities, advocates, service providers and concerned citizens about barriers facing people with disabilities in their communities.
There are two options to participate in this survey:
- You can fill out and submit your survey online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VSJW7VC
- You can download and print a paper copy, and return it to us. The downloadable version is available at this DOWNLOAD LINK
If you choose option 2, the survey may be returned to:
Mail: Statewide Independent Living Council of Illinois
One West Old State Capitol Plaza, Suite 716
Springfield, Illinois 62701